Things to note
This can often result in financial problems for those you leave behind, especially where you haven’t left a valid Will.
Many families find it difficult to pay the legal costs that have resulted from your death or the costs of the funeral itself, particularly in the case of sudden death.
By having a pre-paid plan in place, we can help eliminate problems such as:
- Your bank accounts being frozen
- No access to your funds
- Bank charges being incurred or payments being missed
- No means to pay for Funeral Directors fees
- Family members finding funding
- Loved ones anxiety and stress
- Family disputes
A carefully selected funeral plan, should guarantee to pay funeral director's fees and services, whenever required and regardless of the amount. These plans are not to be confused with life assurance plans that simply pay a set amount on death regardless of the actual funeral costs.
The funeral plans we recommend are among the most cost-efficient plans in the UK and they can be paid for in full or the costs can be spread up to 5 years without paying any handlng fees.
Our recommended plans are carefully selected to provide you and your loved ones with peace of mind at a most difficult time. So, you can rest assured that your funeral wishes and plans will be fulfilled.
We understand that this feels like a difficult conversation to have, however, your family will appreciate the fact that you care enough to protect them from unnecessary trauma.
Discuss your funeral wishes with your family and have this recorded in writing. This simple act can remove some of the stress and anxiety associated with your eventual death.
Talk about your preferences for:
- Funeral Type. Burial or Cremation, Traditional or Natural
- Ceremony Type. Minister, Humanist or Celebrant
- Music. Meaningful Hymns or Songs
- Collections/Donations. Chosen Charities
- Ashes from Cremation. Scattered or Interred
- Your preferred clothing. Uniform/Suit/Dress/Shroud
- Dress Code for Mourners. Black/Bright/Uniforms/Themed
- The Wake. Venue, Catering, Music
The average cost of a funeral in 2019 was £4,417* an increase of almost 85%since 2007.
If this trend were to continue, a basic funeral would cost almost £7,000 in 10 years' time, and over £12,000 in the next two decades.
By taking out a pre-paid funeral plan, you can ensure that these costs are covered in advance.
In other words, the sooner you take out a funeral plan, the more you're likely to save.
*Data sourced from SunLife (2020), Cost of Dying Report